Guide to Successful Packing
Summit Moving & offers many tips on how to pack for a successful move. Call us if you need help getting started. Contact us to purchase moving supplies.
How to Get Started
- Start Early!
- Pack Room by Room. Don’t intermingle items from different rooms. Be sure to clearly label each box.*
- Wardrobe Cartons work great for your clothing.
- Small Boxes: Place heavy items into smaller boxes so that the box can support the weight of the items packed. Examples are: books, canned goods, etc.
- Medium Boxes: Bulky but not heavy items can go into medium boxes. Items such as pots, pans, linens and small appliances.
- Large Boxes: Light items such as pillows, blankets, toys and lamp shades, can be placed into larger boxes.
- Furniture: Empty drawers of anything that is heavy, easily lost or damaged, or could spill! The contents will be shift around during your move and will need to be reorganized.
* Summit is not responsible for damage to contents of owner-packed cartons.
Ask your salesperson about Valuation Protection Options.
Do Not Pack
- Valuables: Credit cards, money, stocks, bonds, securities, furs, etc.
- Medicines: Especially prescriptions
- Flammable Items: Paints, gasoline containers, propane tans, aerosols, cleaning liquids and sterno
- Auto Batteries
- Fire Extinguishers
- Propane, Oxygen or other Tanks
- Paints, Ammonia, Bleach, and Cleaning Agents
- Charcoal and Lighter Fluid
- Food Items: Any perishable food item
- Household Plants
- Firearms and Ammunition
- Important Documents