Packing Before Your Move Day
What You Must Pack and Transport Yourself
You must pack and transport all valuables, financial documents, money, jewelry, medicines, and hazardous materials. If this is a problem for you please contact your sales representative immediately.
Finish Packing BEFORE Your Move Date.
If you do not think you will be ready for your scheduled move date, call us and we can provide additional packing services!
How Your Items Should Be Packed
- HEAVY ITEMS go in small boxes.
- DO NOT OVERPACK boxes and make sure that they are taped closed. This includes totes! Need Boxes & Supplies?
- LABEL BOXES CLEARLY. Label top and sides of boxes to where it will be going in your new home. For example, master bedroom, kitchen, family room. Color coded labels work very well!
- DO NOT USE plastic bags or garbage bags. Use of bags for packing limits how well we can pack your items in our trucks and does not properly protect your belongings.
- DO NOT USE boxes without tops.
- DO NOT PACK with small boxes, generally under 12”x12”x12”.
- LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF LOOSE MATERIALS and small, shoebox sized boxes. These items do not pack well in our truck and take much longer to handle. Call your sales representative for ideas and support on how to prepare!